A gentile lady named Elizabeth, along with her husband, William,
travel north to open a new trading post in Fort Bennington. When they first
arrive, they encounter dangerous Indians, valuable friends, and deceitful
people. Hawkeye, a man living in the wild, along with his native friend,
rescues this couple from the attacking Iroquois Indians. All the while, the
British and French forces struggle against each other for privileges to certain
pieces of land. As I sat down with my sister to watch the first episode of the
series Hawkeye, I was not prepared for all of what went on in the next fifty
minutes: deceit, Indians, a fight, a kidnapping, and shootings. That was only
the beginning part of the first episode. This episode, called the Pilot, ended
with a kidnapping, and that got me excited to watch and see how the rest of the
series would play out.
One thing that mainly stuck out to me was the deceit that
happened between two brothers. William and Elizabeth came to Fort Bennington to
join William’s brother, who was already stationed there, and start a trading post. Before they arrived,
William wanted his brother to secure trading contracts with other trading posts
around the area, but he had not completed the task before William and Elizabeth
had arrived. Therefore, William urged him to finish it in the next couple of
days. William’s brother did not like to be given orders, so he planned to have
William captured by the French and taken away.
To accomplish this task, he told William that he had created trading
relationships with the French and that he would need to go and meet with them.
When William went to meet with them and discuss business, they captured him and
took him away.
I honestly could not believe that a family member would do such
a despicable thing to his own brother. I know that sometimes siblings can be a pain;
but I would never set up the kidnapping of any of my siblings. William’s
brother was obviously very selfish to be only thinking of himself and not how
this would affect William, his wife, or their new business. The writers made an
excellent attention-grabbing plot line which has kept me yearning to continue the
series. I do hope as I finish the watching this series that William will be
recused and his brother will see that what he did was inappropriate and
apologize to William.
No comments:
Post a Comment