Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Leggings are not pants!

Black, white, solid colored, and patterned, long, medium, or short. Leggings now come in almost every form imaginable. Leggings are often pretty cheap depending on the design and are available to purchase in nearly any clothing store. Women and girls of all ethnicity, ages, and sizes constantly wear leggings as part of their everyday wardrobe. But there is a problem with this modern widespread fashion. Leggings are not pants. They are more along the lines of a slightly thicker pair of tights. Girls frequently wear leggings as a substitute for pants, but they are not because they are too form-fitting.
The original purpose of leggings was to be worn under skirts to add style or while exercising, in which case both men and women would wear them. As time continues to pass, I have noticed a discouraging continual slide of this generation slowly becoming less considerate of the items we wear. Girls are just asking for people to look in the wrong places when they wear leggings as pants. Maybe that is what some girls want, but not everyone wants/needs to see what body parts leggings flaunt. Is it that hard to just wear jeans instead, or even a longer skirt?
Another useful way to wear leggings, besides with skirts, is to keep one’s legs warm in the winter by wearing them underneath jeans. I hope women and girls will eventually come to the realization that I have pointed out: Leggings are not the equivalent of pants. I am not saying we should get rid of leggings all together, because there are other ways that one can wear leggings. I am saying that females should be more aware of the immodesty that leggings offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment