Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Is Chivalry Dying??

          “Thank you for paying for the meal.” "Seriously, I can open the door myself!” “Thank you for walking me to my car.” “I am not delicate; I can carry my own stuff.”  With these various conflicting messages going on in our world today, it is no wonder guys are confused about how girls want men to treat them. Back in the day, men were taught to protect and defend women. But as time passes, our culture continues to shape into a society where many women want to be treated as equals among men. I see some of the changes that have come about as a result of this desire as very useful, such as: women earning the right to vote, own property, etc. But I am sad to see how this has made men extremely cautious of performing chivalrous acts. 
               Personally, I enjoy the times when guys open the door for me, pay for my meal, offer to carry something heavy for me, or walk me to my car at night. It is not that I am weak or unable to perform these tasks myself; it is that by doing so, men are showing their respect and honor of women and their willingness to be protective. Honestly, by shutting down chivalry, feminists are creating weak men. Because feminists condemn chivalry, men do not know how to act around women in general and so they give up trying. This scares me to think of what our society will be like if we let feminists continue their current path in making men feel weak and useless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment